This statement is being released to our Residents, their families, our Team Members,
Board Members, Stakeholders including our Town Council and CAO, SHSS Leadership,
and Emergency Services.
Firstly, thank you to all of the family and friends of our residents that are following the guidelines and rules. We do appreciate your efforts and understand that this is a difficult time for all involved.
However, there are still a few friends and family members of some of our residents that continue to make every effort to contact their loved one in person in the NCU Manor or PCH. Valuable hours of our Team Members are lost in monitoring and tracking down the items being “smuggled” in or trying to catch the ones doing it. These hours should be spent focusing on our residents (your loved ones).
The risk remains that you could be carrying this virus and we cannot take that chance. If you pass it on to your loved one, your loved one will be visiting with other residents in the NCU Manor.
- If they become infected due to your visit they will not only pass it along to other residents but also our Team Members.
- If our Team Members cannot come to work then we may be forced to reduce services to our residents.
- We take our work that we do for our residents very seriously.
- provided all kinds of opportunities with available times from Monday to Friday where family and friends can drop off some items or gifts that are on the approved list but some feel that they still need to put the residents on the NCU Manor at risk.
- set up a fluorescent ribbon around the Manor except by the front door in the hopes that this would remind everyone not to get close.
- sent emails to all family contacts.
The Niverville Heritage Centre Campus will be taking on some new actions which will add costs.
- We are installing a large number of additional HD cameras around our Campus to assist is in monitoring and identifying parties that are still taking this unnecessary risk. We will be keeping the camera’s recording and holding the files for some time.
- We are now hiring additional staff to provide services similar to those provided by some security services. We will be having these staff monitor all doors and entry points.
- These staff will start after the office closes Friday until the end of the weekend. Monday morning our usual staff will return to work.
- They will also be available at certain times during the day to accept packages as well on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. Again these are costs we would prefer not to have but we are serious about wanting to protect our residents.
Again, a big thank you to those family and friends of our residents that follow and respect the system.
As noted before things are changing so very quickly across Canada and within the Province of Manitoba. We will keep you informed as we can on our Website but again ask for patience if these changes happen too quickly or for changes you personally feel we should have implemented already.
If you have any questions please contact the undersigned.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Officer of Finance and HR
Niverville Heritage Centre Campus
P: 204.388.5000 ext. 211